2nd period blog, Aug 24th

 Prompt: Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?


Prompt Response: An experience I had with someone assuming something about me was when I was at work I was hosting a birthday party for this nice white family. When I greeted everyone It came to the Grandfather. I greeted well in English, and he then began saying, "Hola come estas." 

Summary: When this happened I felt some kinda way. I stopped in my place for a second then went on about my way. I felt some way because I clearly greeted him in English to clearly let him know I speak English. 

Reflection: At the end of the day I shrugged it off and kept of working. I just assumed he was trying to be nice and wanted me to feel connected?.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Period Blog... My Three Goals Aug5th

2nd Period blog, Aug 28th: What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

2nd period blog, Aug 31th: Reflect on a time when you discovered a new perspective that completely changed how you viewed a person, group, or place. How did your previous “single story” shape your thoughts or actions?