2nd period blog, Aug 24th
Prompt: Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?
Prompt Response: An experience I had with someone assuming something about me was when I was at work I was hosting a birthday party for this nice white family. When I greeted everyone It came to the Grandfather. I greeted well in English, and he then began saying, "Hola come estas."
Summary: When this happened I felt some kinda way. I stopped in my place for a second then went on about my way. I felt some way because I clearly greeted him in English to clearly let him know I speak English.
Reflection: At the end of the day I shrugged it off and kept of working. I just assumed he was trying to be nice and wanted me to feel connected?.
Comments
Post a Comment